Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Benign - What a Beautiful Word

First, a word of apology, for not making a post for so long. Over the next week - I will make several entries to get caught up on what has been going on these past couple weeks. I went to see my surgeon 1 week and 1 day after surgery and he removed my stitches and said everything looks good. The piece of tape over the incision - Steristrip - is to remain in place as long as possible. He said my one vocal cord (which previously was not working at all) is moving again - so it appears the growth was in fact laying on my one cord. My voice still sounds about the same to me anyway and sometimes if I talk too much it sounds like its strained. The surgeon said the one thing I could do to help my scar heal normally is to use sunscreen or wear a scarf when I'm outside, which is a lot. The most important news is that the official pathology report came back and the result is the growth turned out to be benign, which I am extremely thankful for. I've been busy living life but will continue to post so others can see how the scar heals over time. I left with instructions to return to the surgeon in one month for a follow-up visit and to not lift anything heavy for another week. Well - it's a beautiful day outside and I'm going out now to enjoy it. Elle

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Yeahhhhhhh! Benign is a beautiful word!

Glenda said...

I'm so glad that it was BENIGN (it is a beautiful--but strange--word) and that you're doing well. GREAT NEWS!!

Nikki said...

Haven't seen a post from you lately. Now that is has been several months since the news that the mass was benign do you have to go back for any follow-up appointments?

TV de LCD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anita said...

The good news is that when you discover that you have low thyroid condition, you can treat it! By getting on the right diet, doing the right exercises and taking desiccated bovine thyroid , it can really change your life.

Cameron VSJ said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Cameron