Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Benign - What a Beautiful Word

First, a word of apology, for not making a post for so long. Over the next week - I will make several entries to get caught up on what has been going on these past couple weeks. I went to see my surgeon 1 week and 1 day after surgery and he removed my stitches and said everything looks good. The piece of tape over the incision - Steristrip - is to remain in place as long as possible. He said my one vocal cord (which previously was not working at all) is moving again - so it appears the growth was in fact laying on my one cord. My voice still sounds about the same to me anyway and sometimes if I talk too much it sounds like its strained. The surgeon said the one thing I could do to help my scar heal normally is to use sunscreen or wear a scarf when I'm outside, which is a lot. The most important news is that the official pathology report came back and the result is the growth turned out to be benign, which I am extremely thankful for. I've been busy living life but will continue to post so others can see how the scar heals over time. I left with instructions to return to the surgeon in one month for a follow-up visit and to not lift anything heavy for another week. Well - it's a beautiful day outside and I'm going out now to enjoy it. Elle

4 comments:

njm said...

Yeahhhhhhh! Benign is a beautiful word!

Glenda said...

I'm so glad that it was BENIGN (it is a beautiful--but strange--word) and that you're doing well. GREAT NEWS!!

njm said...

Haven't seen a post from you lately. Now that is has been several months since the news that the mass was benign do you have to go back for any follow-up appointments?

Cameron VSJ said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Cameron